Sunday, August 29, 2010

I can hardly believe that we have already had two weeks together! Last week we immersed ourselves in the regular curriculum, so school is in full swing. I know that the students are feeling that fourth grade is tough, but as I told them, we are going to reach those high expectations together. We completed our first DLR quiz, Working With Words quiz, and our second Math Checkup. The first set of tests are always the most difficult as the students learn what the expectations are. As we continue through the year, they will become more comfortable and will achive high levels of success.

Please spend time each night studying Working With Words (check out www.spellingcity.com/Golmen/) and making new, transfer words. In addition, remember to read and practice those multiplication facts! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have ANY questions!

I would also love to hear your comments on our blog so feel free to leave a comment by clicking the comments button below.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for this wonderful tool! I feel like I have a connection to what my daughter is doing in the classroom so I can help her more effectively. I LOVE the spelling word games! She responds much better to this type of learning.

    ReplyDelete

Followers