Monday, November 7, 2011

Assembly and Veterans' Day

I have uploaded some pictures from our Academic Pep Rally at the High School today.

On Wednesday, we will be celebrating Veterans' Day here at Mathews.  We have asked all students to wear red, white, and/or blue if possible.  Honor Choir students should wear their Mathews Spirit Wear. 

Please see the important information below.  This was taken from the newsletter.

Effort



I have begun to notice a decrease in the amount of effort students are putting forth on their assignments. Grades for this quarter are not where I would like them to be, and as I am analyzing tests and quizzes, I am noticing that many students are missing skills that they have previously demonstrated mastery of. Please talk with your child about the importance of always doing their best. If the content is difficult for them, I am happy to reteach the concepts, but we do still have many new concepts to cover throughout the year, so they need to consistently do their best and double check their work so that I do not reteach based on simple mistakes or rushing through work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers