Monday, September 5, 2011

This week

I hope that everyone was able to enjoy the extended weekend!  My family visited from St. Louis and Cincinnati, Ohio so it was a very busy weekend, but we had a great time! 

We are going to start school on Tuesday ready to hit the ground running.  I would like to remind everyone to continue working on multiplication facts at home, and to READ! READ! READ!  One struggle that many of the students are having is chosing a book and sticking with it.  While I definitely want them to read a wide variety of materials, it is very important that students are choosing books that are on their level and are books that will provide them with an ongoing storyline to follow.  This can be either fiction or non-fiction.  I have asked students to be sure to check out at least one chapter book when they go to library on Fridays.  We also have a wide variety of chapter books in the classroom. 

I am going to spend time speaking with each student individually this week to determine reading levels and preferences, and to provide them with guidance in choosing books that will work well for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers